'Life is like a Butterfly' Altered box

HI Happy crafters.

Today i am sharing with you a recent project. I have altered a box using 3 images from My Besties Pocket Cards. I really enjoyed doing this project as it is a gift for a crafty friend, to store her sewing bits and bobs. I went for  more of a shabby chic style but with minimal lace and flowers.

I printed the pocket cards out in a pink hue. the centre card was printed a little larger. 
'lustre gold' acrylic paint was added to all the edges. As a final touch i added painted MDF butterflies. 

I added 2 layers of trim around the box lid edge and finished off with a wooden flower painted with gold acrylic and a brad. 
original box. was a toiletry gift box.



I painted the outsides with white gesso and then a few coats of cream acrylic paint. Sanding in between coats. I recycled a wall paper sample to cover the lid and sides,  Paper was torn to give a better effect.




base coat 
bottom of box was painted with cream acrylic
The inside of the base & lid was painted with 'lustre gold' acrylic

Pink and grey acrylic was brushed on randomly around the edges

I added paper torn around the edges and coated with 'decoppatch' glossy glue to seal.



Thank you visiting my blog today and i hope this project has inspired you.

I have entered this project into the following challenges:
  1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. .




Comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts